Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Big Blue Gray Desk

Picked this up off CL from a guy who also refinishes furniture. Gabbed way too long but the conversation was well worth it. There's something about meeting people who share your passion. Why was he selling it? No garage and out of room for his finds. Reality check...I am lucky to have a garage even though I wish I had a big studio to spread out in.
Very cool piece w/ turned legs that would make a great lap top desk. Don't they always look better in a pic. This one has many dings so glazing was a must. Don't let the pic fool ya.

Scrubbed, sanded, primed and refinished in blue gray and Minwax Dark Walnut. Distressed and chippied it w/ a little help from mineral spirits. Love the way that stuff distresses a piece.




Linking up here.... 

Miss Mustard Seed's Creative Blog




4 comments:

samaa said...

Beautiful job! I'm always a sucker for the wood and paint combo :) It looks lovely!

Unknown said...

Love the transformation - the wood with the white is always perfection!
Hugs,

Dee said...

I love this look. Do you mind sharing the Mineral Spirits distressing technique? I've never heard of it. Dee from My Painted Stuff

Unknown said...

I commend that excellent job. DIY can work wonders. Cheers!

best mattress san diego