Friday, September 28, 2012

Ballard Inspired Finish

 I scoured the internet looking for a bit of inspiration for this.

I was stumped what to do with it...French Provincial w/ large hammered hinges. I saw this Ballard piece....different than mine but I loved the finish.

Love Ballard but not the price tag.

Sanded, lightly primed, painted and charcoal glazed. I love glazing. It seems so much easier to me than dark waxing. I'm sure there is a learning curve that I just can't get down. Practice makes perfect.

Here's my version without the hefty price tag....




Tomorrow I'm heading to a town wide garage sale down the shore.Yes, I'm from NJ. Standing up my flea market in hopes of finding some good trash to turn to treasures. Have a great weekend!

Linking up here...





{Primp}



 center>
<

       
       
           
           

       


Furniture Feature Fridays

10 comments:

Layn @ reignalayn.blogspot.com said...

Great job! Love how you finished it. What is your glazing technique? Love your transformations. Always a great job. Have fun at the flea market!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Every thing you do is always fabulous! l love the color!

Carol

Sherry Hicks said...

You completely recreated the ballard look on this piece love it!!
Sherry

Colleen said...

Oh my gosh, such an improvement! You made it look so pretty, I'd love to have that in my house!!

deborah@confessions of a craigslist junkie said...

Turned out beautiful!

Allison@FabRehab said...

That is your best piece to date, IMO! Perfection!

Dee said...

I like your version better. I agree, sometimes glazing is easier but then you still have to seal it with poly. With wax you get to skip that step. Beautiful job! Dee from My Painted Stuff

traffictieup said...

Woah this blog is excellent i really like reading your articles. Stay up the great paintings! You recognize, a lot of persons are searching around for this information, you can help them greatly.


Customized Website Development

925silver said...

Wonderful paintings! That is the kind of information that should be shared across the net. Disgrace on the seek engines for no longer positioning this publish higher! Come on over and visit my web site . Thanks =)

Antique Silver Shops

Pamela said...

Beautiful piece!!! Thanx for linking up to THT!