Friday, April 1, 2011

Weathered TurquoiseTable



Sometimes instant gratification is a good thing. Kinda like this little 5 dollar table find. Oh, how I love MY flea market!!! I mixed up a little turquoise paint, painted and distressed the legs and dry brushed the top. Gotta love the simplicty of dry brushing yet the results are super cool.


Remembered the before! I really hate when I forget to take one.

Well check me out getting all creative with those starfish.

Add caption

Dry brushing is a technique where you just barely get paint on your brush and lightly stroke it on the surface. So easy and gives a time worn weathered look yet it only took you a few minutes :) Who knew?

Happy Weekend Everyone!!!!!

 Linking up here....
  http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/

13 comments:

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Great find! And a cool beachy look!

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Sweet little table, love the new look!

Allison@FabRehab said...

I am totally into dry brushing right now too. Love that instant gratification. Lovely table!!

LBB said...

Such a great color! Turned out great!

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

Look at you...you are pumping pieces out as fast as Chrissie now! ha ha!!!

I love this little table! I've been seeing some dry brushing, and I'm going to have to give it a try since it looks so awesome! Love how it turned out!

Chrissie said...

I can totally see why you love that flea market! You really get the deals over there! Love the color and finish of this table!

Life in Rehab said...

I see we have turquoise addictions in common...nice project, great results!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Only $5.00? Now that's my kind of table...LOVE the color that you gave her!!

Blessings,
Linda

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Love what you have done, and I don't mean to sound stupid, but what the heck, I will any way. I don't know what dry brushing is, and I have seen "dry brushing" used several times in blog land lately. Would you be so kind as to tell me what it is exactly? TIA

Be Colorful Coastal said...

Oh yeah. That works. Are you keeping for yourself? Where do you plan on using your fabulously fun and colorful creation?
Pam

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Sue, I love those half tables, to cute,,,my Mersman table is about ready to go to the curb, I will let you know when I do LOL!!!

Carol

Deborah March said...

OmiGOSH!! How AMAZING!! We have almost the same table!! Love what YOU did too! ;)

Arabella said...

Love the finished look of the table with the starfish :O) Dry brushing is so much fun and creates a great look.