Wednesday, November 17, 2010

BORING!!!

 I decided this "Plain Jane" needed just a little make up. By that I mean some very cool stylized painting. I wish I could say I simply stenciled this. So please feel my pain when I tell you I hand painted it. It was actually kinda relaxing though watching tv, something I never do, and painting away.  Took quite a while though (2 hours but who's counting?) and gave the same result of stenciling....ugh! Here it is before...
                                                      

                                                            
                                                              The color is truer in the first pic. 
                                                                                    
                                                                                       Linking up here...




    Photobucket









    13 comments:

    Chrissie said...

    Wow!The decorative painting made a huge difference.I am so impressed that you free handed this!

    Erin said...

    Thanks for visiting my blog, Sue! I'm completely wowed that you hand-painted those flourishes--they look identical! How did you do it?!?

    Sue@Uniquely Chic said...

    I did hand paint but I traced the design out first. So, it's kinda like coloring with a paint brush. It really is easy if you use the right size/shape brushes.

    Anonymous said...

    Oh, you're so talented with a paintbrush. Free hand, seriously?! I could see this sitting in a cute little shop somewhere. xx ~M

    Cassie Bustamante said...

    it looks soooo cute like that! love the flourishes!

    Pamela said...

    Looks wonderful! Reminds of the flourishes I just painted on our kitchen island in progress.

    Lisa said...

    Pretty! Great job. It really dressed it up.

    Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

    I cannot believe you did that by hand! Amazing! Love the color of the table, too! :)

    Leo said...

    This came out great. Love the color blue. And the decorative touches made it so unique. Nice job!!

    Christa @ Stories of a House said...

    I love it - you have a very steady hand! I've hand painted something once, and will definitely stencil next time!

    Lindy said...

    I was looking at your table thinking it was pretty cute and then I saw the "after" and yes...it's even prettier! Great job!

    Moms Crafty said...

    Wow, cannot believe you hand painted this! What a beautiful turnout! What kind of paint did you use for the flourishes? Feel free to link this beautiful redo to our new Monday linky part!

    Leah said...

    So cute!!!

    Luvs!